Sheet Pan Chicken Veggie Dinner
This Sheet Pan Chicken Veggie Dinner is a fast, easy, healthy meal that everyone will love.
I love simple meals that are not only easy to make, but easy to clean up as well. That is exactly what this meal is. Everything is baked on one sheet tray and it’s ready in 30 minutes. I know we’re going into the warmer months and turning on the oven doesn’t always sound appealing, but it’s just for about 20 minutes and there is no stove top cooking at all. I found that it didn’t warm my house too much and I will definitely be making this all summer long.
The prep is easy- I added the veggies to a bowl to toss in the coconut oil and seasonings. You may be able to do it all on the sheet tray if you really want to keep dishes to a minimum. Here is a little step-by-step guide. You will love how simple it is to make!
Cut the tomatoes in half and the asparagus in half or thirds, depending on the size. Toss in half the coconut oil (2 tablespoons) and seasonings and lay on the sheet tray. I lined the sheet tray with parchment paper so nothing would stick.
Add the sliced lemon and remember to pick the seeds out first! 🙂 This adds so much fresh flavor.
Add the chicken to the same bowl that you tossed the veggies in and add the rest of the coconut oil and seasonings then lay it over the veggies. Some of the coconut oil hardened because my chicken was cold- that doesn’t matter though because it will melt in the oven.
Cook for 20-23 minutes and it’s ready! Tender asparagus, juicy chicken, and roasted tomatoes- so delicious!
I left the seasonings simple so feel free to play around with them. Fresh herbs would be delicious, or whatever favorite seasoning you may have. Also, if you don’t like asparagus then try sliced zucchini. Maybe add some sliced onion and leave the lemon off. There are so many small changes you could make to make it how you like. Just make sure you pick veggies that cook at the same rate- root vegetables like potatoes and carrots will take longer to cook.
I also tried it with chicken breast, cutting them into smaller pieces and it worked great! We prefer thighs because they are juicier and have more flavor, but I know a lot of people like breasts so I wanted to make sure it worked with them as well. I didn’t have asparagus that day and the roasted tomatoes really shined through and were delicious on their own. There’s really no going wrong with this dinner.
I hope you love this meal as much as we do! Let me know if you try it and if you make any changes. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 2 pints grape tomatoes halved
- 1 pound asparagus cut it half
- 1 lemon sliced
- 4 tablespoons Golden Barrel Coconut Oil divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 425°
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes and asparagus with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Add half the salt, half the pepper, and half the onion powder. Spread out evenly on the sheet tray. Place the sliced lemon on top of the veggies.
- In the same large bowl add the chicken and toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil, remaining salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Lay it on top of the veggies and lemon.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the veggies are tender.