Soft, chewy, and full of fall flavor, this Pumpkin Granola is the perfect finishing touch on top of yogurt, ice cream, or simply on its own. Sweetened with a touch of dark brown sugar and maple syrup, this granola might be your next favorite thing about this time of year!
As a mother of three (GROWING!) boys, I’m always on the lookout for healthy food options at good prices. Living in Lancaster County, we’re privileged to have our pick of discount grocery stores nearby. And almost always I can find good quality, organic yogurt at these stores. I love having yogurt on hand for a quick (and filling) but healthful snack for my boys.
When I stock up on yogurt, I also like to have granola on hand to sprinkle on top. This just makes the snack even more satisfying and filling. And homemade granola is an easy thing to make. I love that you can pretty much put in whatever is your family’s favorite things. Some of ours are nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts), coconut flakes, seeds, and raisins to name a few.
In this particular recipe, I included canned pumpkin because ’tis the season! Pumpkin is a nutrient-dense food which means there aren’t a lot of calories in it but its loaded with good-for-you things like vitamins A and C (as well as other goodness). You can read more about the benefits of pumpkin here.
Granola is also one of those things that make a great gift. If you have a friend that’s feeling under-the-weather or just needs a little encouragement, why not bake them some granola, attach a pretty label and see their face light up when you hand it to them. 🙂
A great way to start (or continue or end!) your day, this Pumpkin Granola is a sweet and satisfying meal that’s sure to please everyone. Try it today!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts You can also use pecans
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Golden Barrel Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Golden Barrel Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or line with silicon baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until everything is evenly coated. Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool on baking sheet completely before storing in an airtight container.