JobTitle: Weekend Dry Bulk Transloader
Reports to: Dry Bulk Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Pay Range: Starting at: $18.00 p/hr 1 year mark: $24.00 p/hr
Responsible for all aspects of the unloading and loading of dry bulk product from receiving in rail cars to delivery in trailers. Job functions are to be performed within quality and production standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Positions railcars
- Connects and operates auger system
- Hammers or vibrates rail car to loosen sugar from sides
- Loads, seals, jockeys, and parks trailers
- Filling out proper paperwork
- Cleans work areas
- Any other duties as requested directed or assigned by the manager/supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Experience in shipping environment helpful
Licenses / Certifications
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Basic reading, writing, mathematical abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Equipment To Be Used:
- Forklift, Yard Truck, Rail Car Mover
Any specialized safety or other training required
Typical Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical Mental Demands:
- Ability to work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to master basic math skills
- Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions
Employees are expected to work in a manner consistent with Zook Molasses, Good Food Inc. and L & S Sweeteners’ Operating Principles: specifically work and act as a team player in all interactions with other company employee’s; provide a high level of customer service at all times; project and maintain a positive image with those contacted in the course of work; develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with co-workers and others; consistently provide quality service.
Standard workdays are Saturday and Sunday mornings until done and as necessary to complete the requirements of the position.