Job Title: Truck Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Truck Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Responsible for performing repairs, preventive maintenance, and inspections on company trucks and trailers to meet safety/quality/scheduling standards. Technician may also be responsible for driving trucks to help meet the load schedule. Job functions are to be performed within quality and production standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Uses proper tools and written procedures to ensure quality repair work
- Operates all equipment safely
- Conducts state inspections for company vehicles
- Drives trucks into shop for repair
- Stores all related chemical and materials used in shop in a safe manner
- Cleans shop on a daily basis or as directed
- Inspect truck prior to operation and report any mechanical, safety or quality control issues immediately to supervisor
- Observes all DOT and state/federal regulations while operating truck
- Cleans and washes truck as needed
- Performs routine maintenance and service work as directed.
- Maintains good working relationships with customers, shippers, etc.
- Any other duties as requested directed or assigned by the manager/supervisor.
- Assist in snow removal as needed and directed.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2 – 5 years of experience in heavy truck mechanics
- Additional training/coursework in Auto/Diesel Mechanics
Licenses / Certifications
- Valid PA Class A Commercial Driver’s License and willingness to operate motor vehicles in the course of employment
- Class 7 Inspection License
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of tools, materials, methods and practices used in auto and diesel mechanics.
- Ability to operate power and manual tools
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
Equipment To Be Used:
- All related truck maintenance equipment
- Technician will provides own tools
- Welding Equipment
Will be trained on snow removal equipment
Typical Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical Mental Demands:
- Ability to work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to master basic math skills
- Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions
Employees are expected to work in a manner consistent with Zook Molasses, Good Food Inc. and L & S Sweeteners’ Operating Principles: specifically work and act as a team player in all interactions with other company employee’s; provide a high level of customer service at all times; project and maintain a positive image with those contacted in the course of work; develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with co-workers and others; consistently provide quality service.
- Standard workdays Monday through Friday and occasional weekends as necessary to complete the requirements of the position. Hours may vary.