Job Title: Truck Driver
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Reports to: Dispatcher
Responsible for loading, unloading, and transporting product from company facilities and/or designated shipper to customer facility safely and on a timely basis. Job functions are to be performed within quality and production standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspects truck prior to operation and reports any mechanical, safety or quality control issues immediately to supervisor.
- Prepares all paperwork necessary to maintaining trip, load and other related necessary
- Communicates status of deliveries regularly with Dispatcher
- Observes all DOT and state/federal regulations while operating truck
- Cleans and washes truck as needed
- Maintains good working relationships with customers, shippers, etc…
- Keeps truck clean
- Any other duties as requested directed or assigned by the manager/supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- One (1) year relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job
- Tank truck background helpful
Licenses / Certifications
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License, Tanker Endorsement required
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
- Skill in operation of listed equipment.
- Ability to safely drive various vehicles.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
Equipment To Be Used:
- Trucks, all related loading and unloading equipment
Any specialized safety or other training required
Typical Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical Mental Demands:
- Ability to work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to master basic math skills
- Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions
Employees are expected to work in a manner consistent with Zook Molasses, Good Food Inc. and L & S Sweeteners’ Operating Principles: specifically work and act as a team player in all interactions with other company employee’s; provide a high level of customer service at all times; project and maintain a positive image with those contacted in the course of work; develop and maintain collaborative and respectful working relationships with co-workers and others; consistently provide quality service.
Hours will vary according delivery schedule and are as necessary to complete the requirements of the position.