Quick and Easy Banana Bread
A one-bowl, super simple but super delicious way to use up those ripe bananas you have on your counter–this quick and easy banana bread is a must-try!
I saw something on Instagram the other day saying we’ve hit the “banana bread phase” of the quarantine. I suppose everyone wants that delicious and comforting taste that homemade banana bread brings. Also found on Instagram was this recipe that I’m sharing with you today (thanks, Sophia, for posting it!) (<—Also, you should follow her for great interior design inspiration). Right after I screen-shotted it, I promptly made a loaf and have since made several. It really is super delicious.
One bowl. That’s all you need. And that’s part of the beauty of this recipe–there’s not a long list of ingredients here or complicated directions. You simply mash the bananas, pour in everything else, and mix. Pour that mix then into a buttered loaf pan and bake it. Easy peasy.
It’s one of those recipes that’s perfect with a little help from budding bakers.
I added semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter for a little something extra. Feel free to add whatever kind you have, or keep it in its non-chocolate form. Either way, you’ll end up with a delicious loaf of homemade banana bread that we may or may not have had for dinner one night. 😉 Hey, rules have changed a bit these days, haven’t they?
So go get your bake on! I’m sure you have all these ingredients in your pantry right now. The hardest part just might be waiting for those bananas to ripen!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup Golden Barrel organic cane sugar
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2-1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9x5" loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Stir in remaining ingredients until just combined. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly in pan, then invert bread onto cooling rack to cool completely.