Pumpkin French Toast
Today’s recipe brings comfort food to a whole other level. This Pumpkin French Toast is full of all the fall flavors–pumpkin, brown sugar, and cinnamon–topped with delicious syrup, it’s a perfect way to start your day (or enjoy for dinner)!
We’re in between seasons over here. No, I’m not talking about seasons of the year (fall is definitely in full swing right now); I mean sports seasons. Fall baseball and soccer are over and now we wait for basketball to begin. Having three boys keeps us busy with activities. That, and Mitch also plays sports. His ice hockey season just started and he’s also finishing up a church softball league (are you tired yet??). Ugh. So this week we’ve had a couple softball games. That typically means something easy for dinner. I’ve been wanting to try making a pumpkin French toast ever since I picked up some canned pumpkin at the grocery store a few weeks ago. So softball night was the perfect night to give it a try. This recipe is fairly quick and easy and it’s so, so delicious. I don’t often make French toast, and last time I did, my guys totally loved it.
Of course the quality of your ingredients is what sets your recipes apart. And this recipe is no exception. I used some brioche, sliced thick. And it soaked up the pumpkin-infused egg mixture beautifully. Yum…you can add pumpkin to pretty much any breakfast food and it would be wonderful, right?
This French toast was so delicious; my boys really loved it. The pumpkin flavor was something out of the norm, but it really hit the spot. I recommend having another loaf of bread on hand and doubling this recipe because everyone is sure to want seconds!
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbsp Golden Barrel Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf brioche, sliced (or thickly-sliced bread)
- Golden Barrel Coconut Oil
- Melt butter and coconut oil in skillet/griddle over medium heat. In a pie pan or shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined.
- Dunk brioche in egg mixture and place on hot skillet. Cook until one side is done, then flip and cook the other side, adding more butter/oil as needed. Serve hot with Golden Barrel Supreme Pancake and Waffle Syrup.