Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies are sweet, delicious, and paleo-friendly for the start of the new year and those clean-eating resolutions.
(Almost) new year, new recipe for you to try! The holidays are about over (it’s true…new years’ goodies sill await) and I’m ready to start fresh. There’s just something about new beginnings, right? They seem so…well, new. A fresh start, blank canvas, new goals being set…I love it all. And of course with the start of a new year, comes for many, the start of better eating habits. Enter these cookies. They’re Paleo so they’re naturally sweetened. They’re made with Paleo flour so they’re lighter and easier to digest. Plus, they’re just yummy, which is a big requirement for a dessert, right?
This is the first Paleo chocolate chip cookie I’ve ever made, so when searching for a recipe, I wanted something easy, with few ingredients, and obviously something that was going to taste delicious. This recipe is known as “The Best Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies” and it is a winner.
I used Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour for this recipe. It’s basically almond flour. So if you have almond flour, you can use that. Or add a little coconut flour in there as well. (1 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup coconut flour.) The texture of the cookie will be a bit drier than a traditional cookie, making them a bit crumbly. They’re so yummy eaten a bit warm. Something about gooey chocolate gets me every time. 😉
So if you’re wanting to clean up your diet a bit this new year, try these cookies. They’re sure to leave you satisfied and fill any chocolate cravings you may have!
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Golden Barrel Coconut Oil melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Paleo flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together egg, vanilla, coconut oil, and coconut sugar until smooth. Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and chocolate and stir until combined. It'll be thick.
- With medium-sized cookie scoop, scoop out dough onto cookie sheet and press dough to flatten out slightly.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes until lightly browned around edges. Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Makes approximately 10-12 cookies. Store in airtight container.