Maple Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
I am sure you are all incredibly busy this holiday season, rushing to the bank before dinner time, picking up kids from the car-pool lane and trying not go crazy while still trying to be excited about the cooler weather and writing lists in your head for Christmas. Trust me, I’m in the same boat as you! Also I put butter in my coffee this morning instead of on my toast… Can I just crawl back into bed?
Well, just in case you needed a super simple pecan pie recipe for that bake sale, “friendsgiving” or for your family this holiday, I’ve got you covered. You literally mix all the ingredients together and bake. One bowl mix and some baking, too easy!
For the pie dough, try our coconut oil pie crust recipe for a tender and flaky pie crust that is both a simple and healthier option.
Pecans and dark chocolate make this nutty sweet pie a little different than your normal pecan pie. I suggest some whipped cream (preferably homemade, it makes a huge difference!) to top it all off, and double that whipped cream, please. And a nap too… Just sayin’…
Just a note about the leaves lattice on the edge of my pie, I cut the leave pattern out from the dough with a pairing knife and indented them just enough to show the lines of the leaves. It’s super easy, time consuming, but oh-so pretty! I also topped my pie before baking with some pecan halves in a nice circular pattern for extra fancy-ness. Sheesh, what a show-off huh?
I hope your holiday season is un-stressful and full of family, laughter and fun. Enjoy this Maple Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie recipe!
- 1/2 cup Golden Barrel Supreme Baking Molasses
- 3/4 cup Golden Barrel Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 prepared pie dough in pan
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- First, mix molasses, brown sugar, maple syrup and melted butter together until smooth.
- Then add the eggs, vanilla and salt and mix well. Add the chocolate and pecan pieces.
- Pour pie mixture into pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, take pie out of oven (carefully!) and cover with foil and bake for another 20 minutes so it sets.
- Let cool completely before devouring!
Egg? It wasn’t mentioned in ingredients…how many?
You’re right! Somehow it was missed in our ingredient list! It’s 3 eggs 🙂
It has now been fixed. Sorry about that.
Do you pre bake the crust?