Easy Cinnamon Crescent Rolls with Molasses Cinnamon Icing
Want an easy cinnamon roll recipe that you can whip together in minutes? Then these Easy Cinnamon Crescent Rolls with Molasses Cinnamon Icing are for you! Pre-made crescent dough is doctored up with a brown sugar-cinnamon filling and topped with molasses cinnamon icing. You can’t get much easier and tastier than this recipe!
These little rolls will melt in your mouth. I added pecans to half the recipe, but feel free to leave them nut-free if that’s not your thing. My boys surprisingly will eat just about anything, nuts included, so this was a chance for me to doctor them up a bit. The neighbor kids were a different story, that’s why I left some nut free. 😉
You simply spread some softened butter on the crescent roll dough triangles, sprinkle with the brown sugar-cinnamon mixture, nuts (if you want), then roll them up. It’s that simple. This is a fun recipe to have your kids help with. I had to show my guys how to slowly but firmly roll up the triangles so as to not lose too much filling in the process.
While they’re baking, whip up some of the delicious molasses cinnamon frosting. The molasses adds just a hint more flavor to a simple glaze and really compliments the overall flavor of the rolls. It’s not an overwhelming taste (it’s just 1 teaspoon) but by adding it and the cinnamon it’s sure to bump up the wow factor of these rolls. So I definitely recommend trying it.
These rolls are the perfect size–a few bites and they are gone. So if you want a treat but don’t want a mega-sized cinnamon roll, these are perfect. I love all things cinnamon so these rolls didn’t last long at our house. I’m sure they won’t last long at yours either!
- 2 (8 oz) cans crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Golden Barrel Light Brown Sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 cup Golden Barrel confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Golden Barrel baking molasses
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll crescent dough on a large, ungreased baking sheet and separate triangles. Spread softened butter on triangles.
- In a small bow, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread mixture on top of butter on each triangle of dough. Roll up the triangles on an angle and position them on the baking sheet 1" apart. Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, molasses, and milk together until combined. Start by adding a little milk at a time until you reach your desired consistency (I like mine on the thicker side). Drizzle on warm rolls. Let rolls sit while icing sets, about 10 minutes. Store in airtight container.