Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Molasses Cookies
These Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Molasses Cookies are chewy, chock-full of cranberries and white chocolate–they’re so good that you’ll want to make a double batch!
Oh man, you guys, these cookies are so so good. They kind of came about by wishful thinking. I wanted to make a white chocolate chip and cranberry cookie for something a little different but then I got the idea to add a little molasses to the batter, and the results exceeded my expectations. This cookie is sweet but also a little tarty from the cranberries. The outside is a bit crispy and the inside is soft and chewy–really, the way all cookies should be.
I used both Golden Barrel Dark Brown Sugar as well as Golden Barrel Supreme Baking Molasses to give these cookies an extra depth of flavor. The molasses isn’t an overpowering flavor, just enough to really get those tastebuds going. I used a large cookie scoop because I wanted substantial cookies. Feel free to use whatever size scoop you want. If you use the large one, you’ll get about a dozen cookies out of this recipe.
This is definitely one to add to your holiday baking list. I think I’ll make a batch for Thanksgiving because they just seem like a Thanksgiving-type of cookie, with all those dried cranberries and all. Am I right?
We have family coming in from Michigan and South Carolina for Thanksgiving and I can’t wait! Can’t wait to bake for my niece and nephews. Whenever we get together, my niece Lucy (actually, her brothers too!) always wants to bake with me. And of course I love that. That’s what the holidays are all about, right? Getting together with those you love, baking, sitting around the table eating…that’s all the good stuff right there.
So, definitely put these cookies on your must-bake list. Bonus points if you bake them with friends and/or family–they’re sure to taste even better then. 😉
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Golden Barrel organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Golden Barrel Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Golden Barrel Supreme Baking Molasses
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2-1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl attached to a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream together butter, sugars, and molasses until light and fluffy, several minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients to sugar mixture until just combined. Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop dough on cookie sheet, leaving space in between each cookie (they'll spread a little). Bake 10-15 minutes or until a little brown around edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer onto wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
can i do chocolate chip and not white ?