Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Coconut and chocolate. I mean, really, can you go wrong? These cookies are soft, chewy, and substantial. They’re full of flavor and texture. They’re a cookie you need to make like right now.
I was perusing Pinterest (follow Golden Barrel on Pinterest here!) the other day and in my feed, I saw a recipe for these cookies. After reading the ingredients and reviews, I knew I had to make them. Because, coconut. My boys and husband are huge fans of pretty much anything coconut, which kinda makes me laugh because as a kid I thought the white flaky stuff was the worst thing to add to baked goods. Now that I’m older and wiser 😉 I know better and love the stuff too. I knew these cookies would be a hit in my house.
I like that these cookies are filling. They have extras in them like the coconut but also have oatmeal too. Adding oatmeal to a cookie is pretty much making it a plausible excuse to eat cookies for breakfast, in my book anyway. 🙂 It just makes it more filling and substantial.
I used both Golden Barrel light and dark brown sugars in this recipe. The sweet subtle molasses taste is enjoyed in every bite.
I also used a combination of both semi-sweet and milk chocolates. The mix is a good one–kinda like Mounds and Almond Joy–they’re both great paired with coconut, right? I did use unsweetened coconut just because I thought there’d be enough sweetness with all that brown sugar. So that coconut flavor shines without being overly sweet.
Chewy, full of flavor and texture, these cookies are sure to satisfy any coconut-lovin’ craving you have. Try making them today!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Golden Barrel Light Brown Sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Golden Barrel Dark Brown Sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flakes (I used unsweetened)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put oats, flour, baking soda, and salt in a blender and pulse for 30 seconds or until mixture is coarsely blended. Set aside.
- In a bowl attached to a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer), cream together butter and brown sugars until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl as needed.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
- Using a medium-sized (#40 size) cookie scoop, scoop out dough onto cookie sheet, spaced 2" apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned around edges. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for several minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
YUM! Such a delicious flavors combination. Looks so delicious!
Thanks, Natalie! Hope you enjoy!
These cookies are just delicious. Love coconut and chocolate together. My favorite thing to do is bake ❣️