Coconut Carrot Cupcakes with Molasses Cream Cheese Frosting
Although the title may be somewhat hard to say, they sure aren’t hard to eat. These delicious cupcakes were made by one of our customers named Alisha Shiflet. Our friend, Jenny Foster, spent the afternoon taking some fun photos of the Coconut Carrot Cupcakes with Molasses Cream Cheese Frosting baking process.
At the age of eight, Alisha decided to be a vegetarian and has been one ever since. She is a self taught cook making healthy choices on a regular basis which is why she enjoys using our Coconut Oil and Supreme Baking Molasses. What we loved seeing is her young daughter watching, learning, and participating in the process. Sometimes you get a beautiful treat, healthy meal or snack, and sometimes you get invaluable experiences with your kids. These experiences and traditions are the creed behind Golden Barrel’s motto: The Sweet Taste of Tradition.
To make the cupcakes, the first thing that Alisha did was shred the carrots. Shred enough for 1 3/4 cups.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
In another bowl, whisk together Golden Barrel Coconut Oil, Light Brown Sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat in dry mixture until well combined. Add shredded carrot, coconut and walnuts.
Fill lined cupcake in tins 3/4 full.
Bake until golden brown. Feel free to toast the coconut until light brown and aromatic.
And now for the good part, the Molasses Cream Cheese Frosting.
You will want to wait until the cupcakes cool to pipe the Molasses Cream Cheese Frosting. It helps to keep the frosting in place and looking pretty.
Sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top, if desired, and enjoy. They taste so good, you wont even notice that they are actually healthy for you.
Recipe by Alisha Shiflet
Photos by Jenny Foster
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Golden Barrel Coconut Oil melted
- 1 cup Golden Barrel Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups carrots shredded
- 1/3 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes toasted
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tbsp Golden Barrel Supreme Baking Molasses
- 4 tbsp confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together Golden Barrel Coconut Oil, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat in dry mixture until well combined.
- Add shredded carrot, coconut and walnuts. Fill lined cupcake in tins 3/4 full.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Beat ingredients until fluffy.
- Wait until the cupcakes cool to pipe the frosting.
Is the amount of confectioners sugar correct in the frosting recipe for COCONUT CARROT CUPCAKES WITH MOLASSES CREAM CHEESE FROSTING? Is it really only 4 tablespoons?