Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies: for those days when you’re craving chocolate in a big way, these guys won’t disappoint. All chocolate lovers will be a huge fan of these soft, rich cookies.
Happy fall, folks! I’ve been looking forward to this time of year all year long, and now it’s finally upon us–those cool, crisp fall days filled with football, warm drinks, and sweatshirts. Ahh…I love it all! It’s that time of year for all things cozy. And fall baking is no exception. There’s just something about baking when it’s a bit chilly outside; something comforting in the textures and spices of fall-like baking. These cookies incorporate all those fall feelings–rich, warm, soft, intense flavor. Yum. If you’re a fan of chocolate, these cookies are for you. My family (and neighbor kids) all said they taste like brownies. Brownies studded with chocolate chips.
I used both butter and Golden Barrel coconut oil to make up the dough. Using butter, you have the flavor that is sought after in a good cookie, but also using the coconut oil insures a soft-batch texture. I also used both Golden Barrel brown and organic sugars for a taste and texture that’s truly delicious.
I like to make and share treats with friends and neighbors so when I was making these, I specifically thought of a neighbor girl who visits almost every day and raids my pantry for chocolate chips. Lyla is a chocolate lover through and through. Needless to say, she was a fan of these cookies. When I asked her if they were too chocolatey, she exclaimed, “No way!” So these cookies are chocolate-lover approved. 🙂
Perfect with a tall glass of milk, these cookies would make the ultimate after-school snack. Try them today!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Golden Barrel coconut oil, soft solid state
- 3/4 cup Golden Barrel organic cane sugar
- 3/4 cup Golden Barrel Light Brown Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag chocolate chips (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl attached to a stand mixer (or with hand mixer), beat butter, coconut oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low, mix the dry ingredients into the dough until just combined. Mix in the chocolate chips. Using a cookie scoop, scoop out batter onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, making sure to not overbake. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com.