Banana Chocolate Chunk Sprouted Wheat Muffins with Coconut Oil
Move over, muffins that are loaded with lots of sugar and excess calories. There’s a new healthier version in town and you won’t miss a thing…except those extra calories, that is. You’re sure to love this hearty banana muffin that’s loaded with chocolate chunks. Yes, everything is better with chocolate chunks, am I right?
These Banana Chocolate Chunk Sprouted Wheat Muffins are the perfect on-the-go breakfast or healthy snack and they’re done, from start to finish, in about 30 minutes. So if you’re craving something sweet, with banana-infused, chocolate deliciousness, look no further! This is the recipe for you.
Using coconut oil keeps the muffins deliciously moist as well as trans fat free. Just melt it before you add it to the other ingredients.
There’s a bit of Golden Barrel Brown Sugar as well as the sweetness of the bananas in these muffins so the end result is a compact banana muffin that will satisfy your sweet tooth and your appetite. These are great to have on hand for a busy morning; as a matter of fact, I think they’ll be a regular for Sunday mornings at our house. Aren’t Sunday mornings THE WORST when you’re trying to get yourself and kids ready for church? It’s always the most stressful morning at our house. So with a little planning ahead and making these muffins the night before should help make those mornings run a bit smoother. Fingers definitely crossed with that one.
Feel free to slather some softened butter on top of these…it’ll just add to the yumminess. Add a cup of coffee, and you’re totally set.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 2/3 cup Golden Barrel Coconut Oil melted
- 2/3 cup Golden Barrel Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat muffin pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together bananas, oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs until smooth.
- In small bowl, gently stir flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together with whisk; then stir into wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Evenly distribute batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan a few minutes, then remove from pan onto a cooling rack until completely cool. Store in airtight container.
This makes way more than 12 muffins…unless giant ones are the goal.
Do you know if I would lower or raise the temp and bake shorter or longer if I wanted to make this banana bread?
Do these freeze well?